Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nancy Robinson-Newton: Austin, Texas

I just remember the visits that the F.C. Newton’s made in the summers as just being so darn much fun, partly because Pat and Carter were younger than my parents and partly because they had been so many places and done so many interesting things.

All three brothers (Boswell, Tip and Carter) were great story tellers and loved to tell tales about their childhood.  To me, all the love and respect that passed between all of them was palatable.

Personally, I just thought Pat, Carter, and Ricky were the prettiest people I had ever seen and Pat could speak French of all things!

Sometimes the three families would go to the lake, the beach, or New Braunfels to ride the rapids.  We three cousins were all near the same age (Eleanor, Rick and me).  We played hard and fussed but it was great fun.

I will always remember Carter as being strong, brave, and with a twinkling in the eyes; he always had a kind word for all.  He did set a high standard for all of us!  He will be much missed and forever remembered as a strong and positive force in my life.  Then add Pat to the mixture and the standard just got even higher, but I will continue to try to hold the course.

Thinking about Carter’s life which was as full of hardship as well as blessings, I just conclude that it was a life well lived!

I am planning a reunion in the near future, I hope to know Steven and Kim more!

No comments:

Post a Comment