Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bill Murrell; Newport Beach, California

I have so many fond memories of your Dad. Those long ago when he would
come visit us at the Chi-O Sorority house during our infamous summer as well as
the phone calls over time. He had such a zest for life. I specially
enjoyed a recent call where he was preparing for Pat and his upcoming
Sangria party. I was impressed with the idea itself as well as the
energy level it took to make it happen. I think my fondest memory goes
back to 1976 where I visited him in his LA Global Marine office. I was a
youngster in the real estate business and was trying to talk him about
my capabilities, which didn't exist at the time. Rather than kicking me
out of his office (as I probably would have been thinking if I were him)
he was very courteous and engaging. He made me feel good about myself.
He possessed a unique ability to make people fell at ease. A rare
quality. I'll miss him.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment