Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Paul Jajou: Phoenix, AZ

Carter and Mary,

Please accept my deepest condolences.  While I unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting Carter Senior, I have had the unique blessing of getting to know both of you over the past years (my life will forever be enriched for it).  Hearing you speak of your father, even during the decline of his health and now reading more about his full life, it is clear where you were instilled with such good qualities.  Carter, I don’t imagine any words can dull the loss of a father, but I would like to tell you that I don’t expect in my life to have the blessing of meeting too many people like you (and Mary).  You have been a selfless mentor in helping me in my young career, you have been like a big brother with solid encouragement and guidance when I have needed it in my personal life, and you and Mary have welcomed me into your home and we have broken bread many times; I consider you both family in the truest sense of the word.  I know that Carter Senior must have had nothing but pride and love for you both and his love is sure to continue as he now looks down from above upon all of his loved ones here on earth.

From my entire family (mom, dad, Joe, Mike, and Andy) to yours; we love you and Mary very much and we will toast to good man that served God, his Family, and his Country proudly when we see each other next!

Kindest regards,

Paul J.

No comments:

Post a Comment