Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bob MacKinnon, Lt. Col. USAF (ret): California

I enjoy life more than other men.
I look up and see more than they,
I know how the clouds --- feel,
And, what it is like
To have beautiful blue all around me, and them.
To actually look down onto my fellow travelers
of this heaven, the birds of the sky.
To sense their freedom along with mine
As I escape earth's bounds on my very own ethereal wings.
Who but I can soar up there near God,
Can climb, then, tumble childlike,
through billowing clouds?
Who else has ever seen, or will ever see,
These very same unclimbed peaks,
The beauty of a rainbow's secret hiding place?
Only those so blessed can know
The real reason why birds sing.
Becauuse I fly, I envy no man on earth......


This is dedicated to my best friend and fellow ex-warrier, Col. Carter Newton, who on this day, August 31. 2010, took his final flight.  This time, all the way through and past his heavenly landscape, to be with God. Have a safe flight my friend....Bob MacKinnon, Lt. Col. USAF (ret)

No comments:

Post a Comment