Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Monday, September 27, 2010

Newton and Tinker Butts

Rick
I’m sorry for these circumstances  as we thought so very much of your Dad and our cousin.

The service was very impressive and very deserving for your Dad.  I’m sorry I missed the get together at Milano but Tinker really enjoyed it and the chance to visit with all of you.

Your Dad was an inspiration for me in my teen years and a hero and role model for me in years to come.
I will alwasys remember the Thanksgiving family reunion in Milano when your Dad, Roddy Newton and several others all showed up in their new uniforms and how proud we were of them. 
We really do owe such a great debt of gratitude to them for their unselfish service to our country.  Our loss is God”s gain!

Sincerely,
Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment