Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Matt, Jackie and Eva Bombeck , Los Angeles California

Hi, Carter
So sorry to hear tonight about your dad's passing.  Thanks for sharing the blog about him.   We should all lead such a full and interesting life!    We only met your dad once at your wedding, but I remember a comment from a longtime friend of yours who said that out of respect, as long as he knew him, he always called your dad Colonel Newton.  After reading many of the comments on the blog, I understand why he was so worthy of that respect.    Our thoughts are with all of you. 
Matt

Matt just told me that your father passed away. I am so sorry. I didn't get the blog but Matt will forward to me. He said it was a beautiful tribute to him. We hope your Dad has found some peace as I know he has been ill for a long time.
And know you will find comfort in knowing that you were a great son and you can't look back and say, I wish I would have done this or that. It sounds like you were always there for him and he will still be there for you.
Love to you both.
Jackie and Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment