Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Elaine and Walter Hefner: Houston

My darlin Pat,

Our hearts break for you and your dear family. And because we care so, we feel your sadness keenly. I hope you can actually feel our love and concern for you; all the prayers said for precious Carter for such a log timewere so sincere. But God's will was to take him last week....and oh how I wish I had visited him more often! We treasure an avalanche of tender memories: dozens of restaurants we enjoyed together and the fun we had at Port Oconnor with Carter at the helm of the boat. His delight in driving the boat, at my jokes (I know they are weak sometime), and a thousand other thoughts....we will remember them forever.
I cant know what to say really so I want you tho have this poem that my sister composed. It says what I am trying to tell you.

If I could wrap my love around
your heart, grief-sore with pain,
There'd be enough, I know there would
To make life good again.


But human love won't always do
All the things we want it to,
So I'll ask our heavenly Father
To stay right close to you.


May he bring you peace and comfort
Open free you thoughts from care
leaving only treasured memories
Of your Carter there.

No comments:

Post a Comment