Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Friday, September 10, 2010

Dick Marshall, California

Well, well well.  Carter, Dr. Fig, my long time and old friend.  My heart weeps for you and your family.  It looks like you are a loving family and you are an AF Brat that makes you "specialer" to us.  I only wish I could have had a day or two with your Dad to get him to sign my book, "Greatest Generation" and a B-17 crewman to boot.  Great plane, horrible mission and bad survivability numbers.

We really need to talk. I hope you can come to the ranch with Mary and just hang out with us.  Drink a pop and talk about how blest we are to have the draw of parents we got.

We will pray for you and you family.  I presume you Mom is surviving and coping OK.  Always tough.  My Dad died 10 years ago and I think about him frequently and think, "I'll call Dad."  No, I won't, Verizon doesn't go that far.

Best loving regards and a big old bear hug. Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment