Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas

Carter Newton In Rockdale, Texas
Graduating from high school 1942

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Carrie and Albert Riley: Houston Texas

This is a man I and others will truly miss. He was always available to me as a friend and mentor. I had the privilege of working for him at Global Marine. At a very young age, Carter sent me and other men around the world negotiating drilling contracts and otherwise conducting business for the Company. It seemed like I was gone forever. If I got lost in a negotiation or business function, he was always available day or night to get me back on the right path. The thing about Carter is that you wanted to work for him, and you wanted to do the very best you could do. To disappoint him was just not imaginable. There were some times I thought I could have done better, he just laughed, talked to me about it, and sent me back out. Later I moved into the same neighborhodd of Fleetwood where Pat and Carter lived. Got to see more of Pat and Carter. It was, and is, a privilege to know them both. Had a bottle or two from Carter's fine wine collection. Pat, if there is anything I can help with, please call.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment